Learn More About QuyanaCARD
Do you get your PFD, Wages, Unemployment, etc. in check form?
Do you ever need to transfer money to your son or daughter?
Do you wish you could buy things online?
Do you wish you could pay your bills online or over the phone?
Have you ever been denied a car rental because you didn't have a bank card?
Have you ever had someone fraudulently cash your check?
If you answered yes to any of these questions, then QuyanaCARD Prepaid Mastercard® may be perfect for you!
Refer Friends & Family!
When you refer friends & family who sign up for a new QuyanaCARD and opt in for Direct Deposit, YOU will receive $10 pre-loaded onto YOUR QuyanaCARD! Just have them contact us to get started.
How QuyanaCARD Works
QuyanaCARD is a Reloadable Prepaid Debit Card
- QuyanaCARD Prepaid Mastercard® is a prepaid debit card account which does not require a traditional checking account.
- You can load money on the card account by setting up Direct Deposit from sources like Social Security, Unemployment, Wages, PFD, Native Corp Dividend, and more! You can also load your card at any participating store. (Kobuk, Ambler, Shungnak, Kiana, Noorvik, Selawik, Buckland, Nome, Emmonak, Akiachak, Nunam Iqua, and Togiak each have participating stores; contact us to find one near you.)
- You can only spend the money you load on to QuyanaCARD, so you can’t go “over the limit”, as this is not a credit card product.
You can use QuyanaCARD everywhere Debit Mastercard is accepted.
All the Reasons You Want One:
- Stop waiting on your check(s) in the mail.
- With this program, you may never pay check cashing fees again.*
- For bills you can pay online with your QuyanaCARD, you may never need to pay for money orders, stamps and envelopes again.
- With this program, you have the option to never have to worry about carrying large amounts of cash and losing it.
- Combine all your other cards (bank debit card, Quest Card, U-Card & Social Security Direct Express® Debit Mastercard®) all into one card….QuyanaCARD.
Pay your bills over the phone or online.
- Purchase hunting/fishing supplies & household items over the internet.
- Transfer money to a son/daughter at college.
- Use QuyanaCARD to rent a car, pay for an airline ticket or reserve a hotel room.
What QuyanaCARD is not:
- QuyanaCARD is not a gift card.
- QuyanaCARD is not a credit card.
- QuyanaCARD is not a State or Federal benefits card, but you can have these benefits direct deposited to your Q-Card.
* See Cardholder Terms and Conditions for fees related to card.
QuyanaCARD was created by Alaska Natives, for all of Alaska.
We understand the challenges of living and banking in rural Alaska, and created QuyanaCARD to make things a little easier.
QuyanaCARD is a prepaid debit card that works just like a bank debit card, but without the need for a checking account. It can be loaded with funds with Direct Deposit of your wages, unemployment, Native Corp. dividend, social security benefits, etc. and can be used anywhere Debit Mastercard® is accepted.
QuyanaCARD can be used just like a bank debit card to pay your cell phone bill, purchase hunting supplies over the internet or get cash from ATM’s** worldwide.
Quyana, Quyanna, Quyanaqpak?
Why call it “QuyanaCARD“?
Although Quyana is spelled many different ways across rural Alaska, it has one common meaning – Thank You. During our name selection process, we realized that we are thankful for so many things about Alaska:
- The beauty of the land,
- The berries and animals that put food on our tables,
- Our culture, and
- The opportunity we have to help our friends and relatives in rural Alaska that struggle with basic banking needs.
We wanted to choose a word that every Alaska Native would recognize – from Metlakatla to Barrow. A word that would remind each of us to be thankful for all these things every time we use our card. The word Quyana was a perfect fit.
So, with great respect to this special area of Alaska in which we live and to all of you, we say – Quyana!